MSWCC Honey Show 2017
Entry Form: Please complete and return this entry form:
Honey Show Rules:
Download a copy of the rules to print off here: MSWCC 2017 Honey show rules
MSWCC 2017 INTER-COUNTY HONEY SHOW RULES
- General. The decision of the Judge is final.
- Entry Labelling. Entry labels will be provided on the day of the conference.
- On honey (Classes 1 – 5) and mead (Classes 8 & 9) labels are to be positioned approximately 12mm from the base of the container.
- On comb for extraction (Class 6) on label is to be positioned on the bottom corner of the glass.
- On cut-comb (Class 7) the label is to be placed on each of the containers 12mm from the base.
- On beeswax (Class 10) and honey cake (Class 11) the label must be on the container or plate.
- Honey. Honey in Classes 1 – 5 to be exhibited in 454g squat glass jars with lacquered lids.
- Shallow comb ready for extraction. Must be in a bee-proof case and removable for judging.
- Cut comb must be shown in standard white 227g containers either fully clear or with clear top.
- Mead must be exhibited in a 70/75 clear punted glass bottle.
- Beeswax must weigh approximately 227g.
- Honey Cake.
- 142g/5oz butter
- 170g / 6oz clear honey
- 113g / 4oz soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 198g / 7oz self-raising flour
Place butter, sugar, hone and water in a saucepan and heat until the butter has melted, stirring all the time.
Remove the pan from the heat and allow the contents to cool to about blood temperature.
Gradually beat in the eggs.
Add sieved flour and mix until smooth (do not over-mix)
Pour the mixture into a greased and lined cake tin and bake for 1 hour or until risen and firm to the touch. Oven temperature 180C or 350F, Gas Mark 4.
- Each class will be judged to award a first, second and third prize where the exhibits merit them. The County with the most first prizes will hold the Inter-Counties Cup for one year. In the event of a tie, the second and third prizes will be taken into account.
- All Counties may have any number of entries in each class; however, no one person may have more than one entry in each class.
- The honey show is open only to members of associations which are part of the Midland and South Western Counties Convention.